Thursday, September 9, 2010

Make A Difference

Stand up to hatred!  Be cool!  Hug A Muslim!

This is our response, our efforts to counteract the plans to burn Korans in Florida.

We are not Muslim, we have no agenda, we just want the world to see that Americans are not all narrow minded haters.  Be one of us- show the world there is still love and tolerance and acceptance of diversity in America- the greatest country in the world!

Go to your Muslim friends and neighbors and ask to hug- spread some love.  Take a picture of the hug, post it to our flicker account (link on the side) and share the love with the world!

I myself didn't even know a Muslim when I began this project (last night), but as I was planning this over dinner at a restaurant, in walked a Muslim family!  I went right up to them and explained I was appalled by the plans to burn Kornas and I wanted to hug them and start a movement, begin the chain of peace that WILL counteract the proposed hatred.  WE HUGGED!  It was a beautiful thing.  I now have a Muslim friend and they have a Christian friend and the world is that much better.

GO- HUG A MUSLIM and share it with us all!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love this. I love all people too and think this movement is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that happy photo! Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now a camera toting Christian looking for Muslims to hug. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Thanks for making me feel better about our country today! :)

    ReplyDelete